Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"When the Moon Hits Your Eye...!"


Remember Dean Martin? OK...now I'm really dating myself...but on the terrace tonight I couldn't help humming to myself "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore." Yes, Rome has a harvest moon, too...and what a really beautiful site tonight as we get ready for the ordination of about 25 PNAC deacons tomorrow at the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter's Basilica. His Excellency, the Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, MO will be the ordaining prelate. We've been invited to concelebrate the Mass.
So, I don't know if the moon really hits your eye like a big pizza pie (when experiencing "amore") but it certainly portends a great harvest of new, young priests for our church in America. A few more workers for the vineyard of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment